Fergburger & Fergbaker

10 January 2015



According to CNN, "New Zealand's Fergburger may be the best burger joint on the planet." Hmmm... I wouldn't go that far - it's a good burger, but it's not über spectacular.

When we arrived, the line stretched all the way to Fergbaker next door. Good thing service that day was fast and we didn't have to wait too long for our food. We ordered the Ferburger with Swiss Cheese (NZD 12.50) along with their Onion Rings (NZD 5.50), both of which were large enough to share.

Unfortunately, I was rather hungry and forgot to take pictures. Tip on the onion rings: the dish by itself was quite ordinary, but dipped in the aioli mixed with ketchup and it tastes so much better.


I wish I had a larger stomach and more time in the day to eat as there were so many things I wanted to try in this bakery. Unluckily for me, pregnancy makes you bloated faster and there's indigestion to contend with (small meals are the way to go), so I ended up with just one pie. So sad.


Pork Belly & Apple Pie (NZD 6.90)

My sister told me to order this as she liked it better than the burger served next door, but I was not too fond of it. I should have ordered something else like the Prawn and Chorizo Pie which is what I really wanted.


I would still recommend that visitors to Queenstown make a pit stop at both Fergburger & Fergbaker, as you can get a good meal at a reasonable price.

No comments: