Jakarta: Kafe Betawi

05 June 2014


I had been going round and round the mall in search of lunch, when I chanced upon Kafe Betawi. What set them apart was that unlike the other restaurants I had seen, this place was packed with people and they all looked like locals.


Nasi Uduk Semur Daging (IDR 45,000)
Coconut infused fragrant rice with traditionally cooked beef stew

The beef was a bit tough, but the dish itself reminded me of my mother's cooking so I ended up liking it.


Kue Rangi (IDR 21,000)
Kafe Betawi's famous sweet dessert made of sago and coconut

Crunchy, chewy and sweet all at the same time. I could only eat half before I got tired of chewing so for me, this is best eaten when shared with others.

For those who want to try classic Jakarta street food, then Kafe Betawi is definitely a good place to start.

No comments: