Tagaytay: Breakfast at Antonio's

11 January 2014


We were home for the holidays and on our to-do list was to catch up with friends. Abigail suggested Tagaytay, but she didn't want breakfast nor did she want lunch, she wanted brunch and after checking our options, we settled on Breakfast at Antonio's.

Here's what some of us ordered:


This was off the menu and suggested by our server, Jed. Basically, it's a three-egg cheese and mushroom omelette with grilled bacon on the side. I loved the bacon, but the omelette seemed to taste saltier with every bite I took. This dish is best shared as it was huge. If I remember correctly, this was Php 480.


Smoked Pork Back Ribs
Served with Mexican Rice and Baked Beans
Php 490

Technically, this is what I wanted, but wasn't up to eating the beans that came with it. It's a good thing Junjun decided to order it and gave me a share. The ribs were good - tender and falling off the bone - much better than my cheese and mushroom omelette.


Roast Half-Chicken with Mushroom Chardonnay Sauce
(This poultry is brined for a full day and placed in rotisserie for slow roast)
Served with Roasted Potato or Potato Fries
Php 350

Jenny ordered this, but I asked for a slice and I'm so glad I did. The sauce was creamy and flavourful and if I ever eat here again, this is what I'll be having.


Fresh Corned Beef
Slices of Beef Brisket with Sauerkraut, Horseradish and Mustard
Served with 2 Eggs done anyway you want with Garlic Rice / Sautéed Scallop Potatoes / Hash Brown
Php 400

Earl and Abigail both ordered corned beef (which I also tried) and we all agreed that it was not spectacular. The beef was a bit tough and on the bland side.

Tagaytay on a Saturday in the middle of the Christmas season means that you'll spend most of your time stuck in traffic and expect that the line at Antonio's will be equally long.

No comments: