The Line

09 August 2013


The Line has always come up as one of the better buffets here in Singapore. So a couple of weeks ago, my cousin and I went to try it out for lunch.

Now I've been to a lot of buffets in Manila since my previous job as a travel coordinator involved meeting up with the sales staff of various hotels. And whenever you visit them, they usually treat you to the lunch buffet.

The reason I mention this is because I could not help compare The Line with their Philippine counterpart, Circles Event Café in Makati Shangri-La. For me, the food quality was the same but there's a difference in terms of quantity. Come to think of it, many of the buffets I've tried back home seem to have more food options than the one I just went to (especially Spiral at Sofitel Philippine Plaza with the unlimited foie gras).

One example is the carving station, The Line only had roast turkey. In Manila, the bigger hotels will usually have prime rib, and one other meat such as roast turkey, duck or pork. Sometimes, they even have three options.

Maybe because food is cheaper or there are no diet restrictions due to religion?

Whatever the reason, I was disappointed because what I love most about buffets is having as many dishes as possible to choose from . I don't eat everything (I have since learned to pace myself), but I like to take comfort in the knowledge that they're there - the excitement lies in the possibilities!

No comments: